Sunday, August 9, 2009

Intelligent Design...

Michael Geoffries: Hello, God? It's me, Mr Geoffries.

God: Hello Michael.

MG: I think we'll keep it formal if that's okay.

G: Umm... Okay. Mr Geoffries. How can I help you?

MG: God. I think you can guess the issue here.

G: Is there something wrong with the service?

MG: God, when we hired you to design the species, it was on the understanding that you offered a unique service.

G: Absolutely. Intelligent Design Corp does what nothing else can do.

MG: That was the understanding. The product you have delivered, however, looks like something that was gradually developed by billions of years of evolution.

G: Now look, Billions of Years of Evolution inc cannot possibly do the same work that we can.

MG: Well, all these products are very similar. A lot of the time you seem to show no imagination whatsoever. All these beetles, for example, are more or less the same, and any differences ...

G: Now I resent that. They are unique.

MG: Of course they are. The stag beetle, the black stag beetle, the blackish stag beetle, the charcoal stag beetle. We've been billed for these individually. I put it to you that you subcontracted the entire development to Billions of Years of evolution.

G: Look, you've got a narrow view of the issue. You can't compare a stag beetle to, say, a sheep.

MG: No, but I can compare a sheep to a slightly larger sheep. Or to a goat. All listed here. Where's the range?

G: One word. Squid.

MG: One word. Octopus. Spot the difference.

G: Alright, look, what do you want from me.

MG: Show me some some creativity. Right now. Come up with a new animal.

G: Right now?

MG: Right now.

G: Alright. You know rabbits?

MG: Here we go.

G: Imagine that in black.

MG: You're fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment