Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Die in your sleep. Do it.

Guy: Baby, I had a dream we were at a show and you just died.

Gal: Oh babe, Dont worry, it was just a dream, go back to sleep.

Guy: Yes I know it wasn't real, but can i not have some mourning time please? I just watched you die, I'd appreciate a little sensitivity.

Gal: Hey, Im the one that died

Guy: Yeah exactly, your pain is over. You got to die in someone elses sleep. How easy is that? Whereas I have to live with your dead body on my conscience. Physically laying on it.

Gal: Im right here you know

Guy: Yes I realise that, and do you know how hard that is on me? I haven't even come to terms with your absence yet. I'm pretty sure it's rude to force your reappearance on someone who isn't ready. Jesus, I didnt realise we were going to be dealing with some kind of indian giver god.

Gal: That's racist, and you dont believe in God

Guy: True but I think he's great as a comedic device, isnt he?

2 comments:

  1. This is certainly not perfect, but i had an idea this morning and I thought Id finally get something up. only 3-4 days late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has some really strong stuff. I particularly liked the line 'die in someone else's sleep'. So much so that last night at a party I used it as my own. And I got a damn good laugh. So there.

    I think the ending might be a bit of a copout... It could be longer and explore the theme a bit more. I think the dream world offers great opportunity to develop the scenario and context of her death a bit more. What if he had killed her?

    I agree that we need to record these fucking things. We need a good female player as well (for your sketches, because I don't seem to ever write women's parts) (haha. women's parts)

    ReplyDelete