Saturday, July 25, 2009

Space Widow

Man: "Im leaving"

Woman: "What do you mean you're leaving?"

Man: "I told you last night, im going into space forever"

Woman:"I thought you said you were going golfing"

Man: "look, I dont like this any more than you do... Im sorry, I said that wrong... Look, I like this a lot more than you do"

Woman:"Is this why you showered me in gifts?"

Man:"Yeah, I didnt want to leave you here on earth alone. Im not an animal. Animals do that"

Woman:"What animal? What animal would do that?"

Man: "Listen, shut up. I'll email you. I promise. If I can get access to a fax machine, I'll send you some of the things I draw sometimes"

Woman:"Where are you going exactly? Why are you going?

Man:"It's a galactic colonisation thing. We're going to Proxima Centauri. Me, and Jeff, and two genetically compatible female astronauts."

Woman:"What does that mean: genetically compatible?"

Man:"It's a 25 year flight, baby. We're going to have to reproduce in order to increase our workforce. No emotions. Purely scientific rocket breeding.
You and me, what we have is love, theres nothing more valuable to me than that in this world."

Woman:"Im not sure that expression applies here"

Man:"This is for the species. You care about the species dont you? I have a Duty. Duty calls. Duty is making me leave. Duty is making me breed with one or both of those astronaught ladies. I dont want to, but Duty, for the species"

Woman:"So you're leaving, just like that?"

Man:"I wish i could apologise, but Duty Baby.... I think I hear the rocket roaring, I got to go."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Al. I really like this sketch. There are a few things I like so much, that I think they could be expanded upon. or not. it's up to you entirely. Here they are.

    The astronaut ladies - could more information emerge about how young/hot/horny these ladies are? also, I thought it would be funny if one of the ladies was someone the wife knew, as in: Barbara from down the shops. Also what if there was something like: You had a vasectomy! (i.e. he's not going to be able to breed anyway) or is this laboring it too much?

    I also particularly like the 'for the species' line. I think this could be emphasised. Not sure how though.

    Good radio show by the way, liked it a lot. Houston we have a party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the line should be "If my duty commands me to breed with both these astronaut ladies then that what ill do, for the species. And if duty also demands that its done simultaneously than for the species it is my duty to do my duty for the species, twice". Or somesuch, i just drank alot of coffee

    ReplyDelete