Sunday, July 19, 2009

Border Insecurity

Phone call to airline service desk. A terrorist, Michael, is threatening to blow up a plane.

Michael: Hello? Is this Airport security?

Sec: Yes sir, how can I help you?

Michael: I'm going to blow up one of your planes.

Sec: Okay sir, firstly, can I inquire as to whether this is an international or domestic threat?

Michael: We are domestic. We are the Sons of the Southern Cross. We have placed a bomb on board the 7.15 to Brisbane

Sec: Very well sir, unfortunately I must inform you that all domestic terrorist threats must be made half an hour prior to the flight's departure.

Michael: What?

Sec: This is standard airline policy sir, in order to ensure convenience for you and all our passengers.

Michael: Well, you've had me on hold for over 10 minutes.

Sec: We encourage all terrorists to allow extra time for queuing in their plans.

Michael: Look, we didn't have to threaten your airline. There are plenty of other airlines out there. This is ridiculous.

Sec: Sir, many other terrorists manage to work within our guidelines. Our low prices...

Michael: Listen mate - I've had just about enough of you lot. I threatened a flight last week and it was delayed for six hours! SIX! In the end we just took the bomb and went home.

Sec: Sir, do not take that tone with me.

Michael: Sorry, sorry. I'm just .. frustrated. I promised the kid's we'd blow up a plane to Movieworld.

Sec: I understand. Look, I'm afraid the best I can offer you now is to blow up the 8 o'clock plane to Townsville. From there you should be able to blow up a bus to Brisbane. Or maybe hire a car bomb?

Michael: Hmmm... Okay. I guess I'll have to go with that.

Sec: Glad we could sort something out. Have a safe flight.

Again, ending is weak. Also beginning is weak. I like the 'blow up a bus to Brisbane' line, and the rest I can take or leave.

2 comments:

  1. i like this one more than the other one. It sounds more like an actual sketch, i like the line about encouraging terrorists to allow time for queuing, lol. I think it would be funnier if at the end the secretary told him to have a safe flight, rather than an unsafe one, i mean if stupid is what your going for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. Very true. Will put that in.

    ReplyDelete