Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lock into my eyes

I walked outside this morning to find that someone had stolen my bicycle lock.
A saw must have been used because there on the ground was , or two unicycles.
The lamp post the bike had been leaning on was left completely undamaged, Thinking ahead I would only ever lock the bike to itself, in case someone ever did try to steal my lock, no council property would be damaged. You're very welcome Mr Mayor.

That was my favourite bike lock, I recieved it for christmas as a child and I rode it for years,
It wasnt until years later my parents bought me a bicycle.
It was a simple enough transition because there are so many similarities between riding bicycle and riding a bicycle lock:
- First of all, once you learn to ride a lock you never ever forget.
- Both can be riden by putting the instrument between your legs, except the lock can also be riden like a skateboard, a single engined aircraft or a ouiji board.
- When riding either mode of transportation it is important to alert people on the street of your inevitable over-taking, using sound, usually dinging. However because my lock was not equiped with a bell, if I was flying along on my lock and I saw that I was approaching someone, I'd begin a series of hooting and howling, and if that recieved no acknowledgement of my incoming I would carefully take one hand off my lock, focusing hard on keeping my balance, and proceed to pound my finger tips into the center of my palm, essentially clapping with one hand, making a slightly louder than expected sound.

1 comment:

  1. This is really good. On it's own, the concept of the stolen bike lock is very stron and would make great standup material, but you have developed this in a great way. I feel that to get into the spirit of this thing I should have some criticism to add, but at the moment nothing springs to mind...

    ReplyDelete